Whether you need stairs to access generator controls, platforms to service equipment, or stairways and platforms to perform maintenance on wellhead components, REDD Team manufactures a wide range of standard and custom aluminum access solutions.
REDD Team is the original aluminum access solutions company. With many decades in the industry, we have the capability to design, engineer and manufacture stairways, platforms, ramps, and just about anything made of aluminum to meet our customers’ requirements.
In addition to our solutions for site-built or modular buildings and areas with public access, our industrial capabilities include:
- Industrial stairs – code compliant, safe, portable or fixed access to mezzanines, platforms, roofs or other elevated areas in standard and custom configurations
- Crossover stairs – for clearing obstacles of various heights and lengths
- Double entry work platforms –stairs on both sides enable ascent and descent from either side for working alongside large machinery
- Rolling stairways – single or doubled sided systems designed for mobility to perform in a variety of environments
- Rooftop stairs and platforms – avoid rooftop damage caused by foot traffic or the installation of heavy equipment
- Adjustable height platforms – replaces multiple static height ladders or lifts when applications require working from multiple heights
- Cantilevered stairs and platforms – provide access to otherwise unreachable areas by means of an extended platform
If your workers need secure access to perform maintenance on wellhead components on jobsites in the Permian Basin, Midland Basin and other oil and shale extraction areas, our aluminum solutions can improve accessibility for welding and reduce open hole time and the size of your rig crew.
OSHA Compliant Stairs
REDD Team’s Dura-Grip Aluminum Stairs, Flex-Grip Aluminum Stairs and Crossover Stairs are OSHA-compliant. Visit the official government site for complete OSHA stair and platform specifications. The rules covering stairways and platforms generally depend on how and when stairs are used. In general, the requirements for stairways include:
- When there is a break in elevation of 19 inches or more and no ramp, runway, embankment or personnel hoist is available, a stairway or ladder must be provided at all worker points of access.
- When there is only one point of access between levels, it must be keep clear of obstacles to permit free passage by workers.
- Stairs must be installed between 30° and 50° from horizontal.
- Slippery conditions on stairways must be eliminated before the stairways are used to reach other levels.
- Riser height and tread depth must be uniform within each flight of stairs, including any foundation structure used as one or more treads of the stairs.
- All parts of stairways must be free of hazardous projections, such as protruding nails.
- Handrails and the top rails of stairrail systems must be capable of withstanding a force of at least 200 pounds applied within 2 inches of the top edge, in any downward or outward direction, at any point along the top edge, without failure.
- Stairrail systems and handrails must be surfaced to prevent injury to employees from punctures or lacerations, and to prevent snagging of clothing.
- Handrails that will not be a permanent part of the structure being built must have a minimum clearance of 3 inches between the handrail and walls, stairrail systems, and other objects.
When you need stairs on the jobsite for generator access, REDD Team’s aluminum stairways and platforms will be safer for workers, more cost-effective, and easier to install than other solutions. Call us today to find out what we can do.