REDD Team specializes in high-quality aluminum ramps, stairways, platforms, bridges, gangways, waterfront access systems, and other solutions for portable, site built and modular applications that require customized walkways for pedestrian access.
Our industrial platforms and other products are fabricated from aluminum for safety, simplicity, versatility and overall value. From design and detailing to manufacturing and shipping, REDD Team can serve all of your access needs with a product line that will meet your requirements for quick onsite assembly.
We are also proud of our sustainable and environmentally friendly manufacturing process. Our facilities meet the guidelines of the U.S. Green Building Council and qualify for LEED credits. Our products are manufactured from raw material that contains approximately 25% post-consumer recycled aluminum. All of the aluminum scrap we generate onsite is recycled, and the products themselves can be completely recycled into new raw material.
One of REDD Team’s specialties is custom designs. Elevations, load requirements and site requirements can be easily addressed with our platforms, whether you need an adjustable platform and stair system for moving between job sites or more permanent settings, or a custom aluminum viewing platform for special needs guests in public venues.
Portable work platform porches are designed for the most demanding industrial environments and are ideal for commercial, oil and gas, and a multitude of other applications.
Our aluminum viewing platforms offer flexible configuration of viewing space for any site. Unlike other materials, aluminum platforms are weatherproof, durable and reusable. They can be waterproofed and coated so that they’re comfortable to walk on in the hot sun. They can also be used as bridge decks and rooftop decks.
Aluminum platforms are also an excellent solution for marinas and floating boat docks. They are slip-resistant, stay cool to the touch even on hot days, are scratch and stain resistant, easy to assemble and disassemble, and are 100% maintenance-free.
Aluminum as a Structural Material
Aluminum is a popular structural material for a variety of reasons. It is lighter than iron and steel, and some aluminum alloys are stronger than some steel alloys. But weight and strength are not the only considerations. The extruded aluminum components we utilize in the construction of platforms, walkways and ramps have some exceptional characteristics that are unmatched by any other materials:
- Aluminum self-generates a protective oxide coating, which makes it exceptionally resistant to rust and corrosion. It can withstand highly-corrosive environments such as marine settings and locations with bad weather.
- Aluminum has excellent thermal properties. At low temperatures, aluminum alloys get stronger without losing quality, making them excellent in cold weather applications. The metal also conducts heat well and stays cool to the touch.
- Extrusion can produce complex in one-piece sections which eliminates the need for mechanical joining. The frame components are consequently stronger, more flexible and more versatile than welded steel, and less likely to loosen over time.
- Aluminum is very attractive in its natural state and does not need further finishing, but can be painted, anodized or powder-coated if desired.
- Aluminum can be recycled indefinitely without losing any of its superior characteristics.
REDD Team has the engineering, product development and manufacturing capabilities to take custom aluminum platforms from design to prototype to production. Get in touch with us at 800-648-3696 to find out more about the aluminum access products we offer.