REDD Team, part of Sapa Extrusions North America, is a leading national manufacturer of high quality aluminum access products, including prefabricated aluminum stairs (OSHA and general code), aluminum pedestrian bridges, aluminum walkway systems, aluminum gangways, and more.
Whatever your requirements, our products will meet your most exacting architectural specs.
Why Choose Aluminum Stairs?
- Aluminum is an essential metal in the construction, aerospace, automotive, oil/shale drilling, and many other industries. Profiles are often substituted for steel, copper, plastic and wood because of aluminum’s remarkable characteristics.
- At only 30% of the weight of steel but similar in strength, aluminum stair systems can be quickly assembled, disassembled and relocated, and provide safe access to all types of industrial and commercial stick-built and modular buildings.
- Typically constructed from 6000 series aluminum alloy with 6061-T6 for structural strength, aluminum stairs are a lightweight, cost-effective, low maintenance and eco-friendly solution.
REDD Team OSHA-Compliant Stairs
Since 1971, the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) has issued workplace health and safety regulations to help prevent on-the-job illnesses and accidents. OSHA sets standards for workplace stairs, as well as special standards for industrial, marine and other specialty stairs.
In general, interior and exterior stairs around machinery, tanks, and other equipment, and stairs leading to or from floors, platforms, or pits must meet these and other OSHA requirements (visit the OSHA site for complete details):
- Strength. Must be designed and constructed to carry a load of five times the normal live load anticipated but not less than a moving concentrated load of 1,000 pounds.
- Width. Fixed stairways must be a minimum of 22 inches wide.
- Angle of rise. Rise and tread combinations must be in the range of 30° to 50° at an angle to the horizontal.
- Treads. Treads must be slip-resistant and have nonslip nosings. Rise height and tread width must be uniform throughout the flight of stairs.
- Platforms. Stairway platforms must be no less than the width of a stairway and a minimum of 30 inches in length measured in the direction of travel.
- Railings and handrails. Theopen sides of all exposed stairways and platforms must have standard railings. Closed stairways must have handrails on a least one side, preferably the right side descending.
- Vertical clearance. There must be a vertical clearance of at least 7 feet between the tread and any overhead obstruction.
REDD Team’s Dura-Grip OSHA Stairs are specifically designed for construction trailers, field offices and modular buildings to meet OSHA and CAL-OSHA regulations.
They are available with 2, 3 or 4 steps ranging from 25 ½ inches to 35 inches based on the code and weigh between 125 and 155 pounds. Features include open risers, as well as slip-resistant, self-draining interlocking aluminum decks. Slip-in rails and legs allow for easy assembly in less than 10 minutes.
Our Flex-Step OSHA Stair is an adjustable stair designed for construction trailers and field offices that need to meet OSHA regulations. They weigh 120 pounds and are available with 28” or 35” thresholds with a Grip Strut option.
Non-corrosive and non-combustible, they also feature field-reversible handing and are fully reusable in either handing. The Flex-Step OSHA Stair is easily assembled in about 10 minutes.
Safety systems and proper supervision can help prevent accidents. Improve your worker safety by installing prefabricated aluminum stairs from REDD Team.
Contact us toll-free at (800) 648-3696 for all of your access system needs.