At just 30% of the weight of steel but similar in strength, prefab aluminum exterior stairs are easy to assemble and provide safe access to all types of industrial and commercial buildings, classrooms, recreational facilities, marine facilities, and modular buildings of all kinds.
Aluminum stairs are:
- Safe. With unique electric and thermal conductivity, aluminum performs well in both cold-weather applications, but conducts heat well and stays cool to the touch. Aluminum is also resistant to distortion caused by weather or movement of the structure.
- Strong. As strong as mild steel but only 30% to 50% as heavy, REDD Team portable stairs are constructed from 6000 series aluminum alloy with 6061-T6 for structural strength. Frame components can be extruded in one-piece sections that don’t need mechanical joining. This makes them less likely to loosen or wobble.
- Durable. Unlike wood, aluminum will never split, rot, or warp from the effects of water or weather. Your exterior stairs won’t need scraping, sanding, painting or staining. They will be strong, non-corrosive and rust-free.
- Attractive and versatile. This is a naturally beautiful metal that needs no additional finishing. However, standard and custom colors are available with anodized or baked-on enamel finishing. Stairs can also be powder-coated for enhanced rust-resistance.
- Recyclable. Aluminum can be recycled and reused indefinitely without losing any of its superior characteristics.
Exterior Stair Options
Dura-Grip General Code Stairs are designed for portable building access that are designed for portable building access requiring IBC and ADA compliance. These prefabricated stairs have slip in rails and legs for quick, easy installation and can be adjusted to varying threshold heights. They are lighter in weight than most similar systems and feature stable slip-resistant and self-draining decks.
Universal Stairs are made of fabricated aluminum. They provide ADA and code compliant access to portable classrooms, site built, and modular buildings. Their modular nature makes them easy to reconfigure and re-locate as needed. They are adjustable for versatility in permanent or temporary installations.
Dura-Grip OSHA Stairs are a great solution when you need stairs that meet OSHA regulations for construction trailers and field office. Landings and stairs are designed for 100psf live load and a concentrated load of 300lbs. Both stairs and railings are non-corrosive and non-combustible, feature slip-resistant, self-draining decks, and can be assembled in under 10 minutes.
Flex-Step OSHA Stairs are adjustable for 28-inch or 35-inch thresholds. This stair installs in about 10 minutes, with easy adjustment for different configurations. The stairs are available with field reversible handing and a Grip-Strut option for safe loading and slip prevention.
REDD Team has been producing high-quality metal stairs and work platforms for decades. We manufacture some of the finest American-made prefabricated stairs on the market today. Our products are highly valued for the construction, modular building, oil-shale drilling and military industries, as well as aerospace and many other applications.
Consider prefab exterior stairs from REDD Team for a durable, cost-effective way to provide temporary or permanent access to buildings and work sites. Get in touch with us at (800) 648-3696 to find out more about our complete range of aluminum access systems.