Portable aluminum stairs from REDD Team are practical and exceptionally cost-effective for temporary or permanent access to both site-built and modular buildings, portable classrooms, construction trailers and field offices, and any other location where you need a durable, lightweight and virtually maintenance-free access solution.
REDD Team is the original American aluminum access solutions company. Our stairs, portable walkways, ADA wheelchair ramps and pedestrian bridges deliver the benefits of aluminum to customers who are looking for durable, lightweight, safe, secure, and eco-friendly access systems.
We manufacture portable stairs, ramps and walkways that will meet one or more of the following code requirements:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- International Building Code (IBC)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Uniform Building Code (UBC)
- Building Officials Code Administrators International (BOCA)
- State Requirements for Educational Facilities (SREF)
6000 Series Aluminum Alloys
REDD Team access systems are typically built with 6000 series aluminum alloy with 6061-T6 for structural strength. This alloy is an outstanding substitute for mild steel products that are significantly heavier as a result of adding magnesium and silicon. Heat treatment gives it excellent toughness and structural strength. And, since it can be extruded, it can be formed into nearly any imaginable shape. 6061 is also one of the least expensive alloys, making it a popular solution for a wide range of applications.
Stair and Walkway Applications
- Classrooms: Our Dura-Grip General Code compliant stairs and walkways are ideal for access to portable classrooms, dormitories, gymnasiums, and other site-built or modular facilities. With slip-in rails and legs and a minimum of other parts, they can be installed in minutes and adjusted to a variety of threshold heights. They are strong, slip-resistant, and can be moved and reassembled in different locations and into different configurations as needed.
- Oil, Gas & Mining: REDD Team’s modular stairs, handrails, ramps and walkways can solve your need for permanent or portable products that are capable of withstanding the harsh or extreme conditions of remote sites, such as oil and shale extraction sites throughout the Midland Basin and Permian Basin. Install them in modular man camps to provide slip-resistant, durable access in all types of weather.
- Field Offices: REDD Team Flex-Step OSHA Stair and Dura-Grip OSHA Stair systems meet OSHA safety requirements. Provide temporary access to mobile trailers or between building levels. Give construction workers safe working access to sloped surfaces, hilly terrain, road/rail embankments, and other hard-to-reach and potentially hazardous areas. The stairs can be used individually or joined together for longer reach.
- Marine: When exposed to water, wood is slick and prone to slip-and-fall injuries. Aluminum stairs are self-draining and slip-resistant. When fabricated with certain alloys and coatings, they also provide excellent corrosion resistance in demanding marine settings. Install them for ADA-compliant dock access and vessel boarding ramps, or utilize them in other recreational or commercial waterfront applications.
REDD Team’s portable stairs, walkways, handicap ramps and other products can meet your access needs for modular buildings, classrooms, playgrounds, recreational facilities, sports stadiums, and more. We have the expertise to design and engineer stairs for any application. Call us at 800-648-3696 for more information about our high-quality solutions.