It can be a challenge to manage worker health, safety and efficiency on the jobsite, especially in remote locations. Metal stairs and landings provide safe access to crossovers, roofs, mezzanines and other elevated, hard-to-reach areas.
You may have workers performing tasks at six feet or more above ground. They need protection from falls and unintentional contact with moveable and fixed objects. Other workers may need safe access to cross over obstructions in their walking path. Some of the key reasons for injury include structural integrity, poorly constructed handrails, and environmental factors, such as mud, ice, snow, grease, and oil.
REDD Team is the original aluminum access solutions company. Our aluminum stairs, walkways, ADA wheelchair ramps and aluminum pedestrian bridges deliver the benefits of aluminum to customers who require safe, secure, cost-effective and eco-friendly access systems.
Of course, OSHA sets and enforces standards and safety regulations that apply to a variety of general industry and specialty walking surfaces. OSHA code applies to interior and exterior stairs around tanks, machinery, and other equipment, and stairs leading to or from floors, platforms, or pits. Refer to the complete OSHA standards for complete details.
Aluminum is an ideal material for stairs, landings and many other access products. Compared to steel, wood and masonry, it’s more versatile, durable, and easier to install. Aluminum stairways and landings are virtually maintenance-free, and they are easy to dismantle and move from worksite to worksite when needed. Other aluminum advantages include:
- Aluminum has an extremely high tensile strength. That is the reason it’s indispensible in aircraft frames, where light weight and strength are essential. Aluminum has also significant ground in the automotive market for the same reasons.
- Aluminum is only 30% of the weight of steel which means that your aluminum access products will be far easier to assemble and move around.
- Complex shapes can be obtained in one-piece extruded sections thereby avoiding mechanical joining. This translates to stronger stair frame components that are less likely to loosen over time.
- Aluminum won’t split, rot, or warp from water, snow or UV rays. You won’t need to refinish aluminum stairs and landings, and they need no scraping, sanding, painting or staining to keep them looking good.
- One of aluminum’s greatest attributes is that it is naturally corrosion resistant without additional treatment. It doesn’t rust.
- Aluminum has unique electric and thermal conductivity. It is ideal for cold-weather applications because cold temperatures make it stronger. It also conducts heat well, so it will stay cool to the touch in high temperatures.
- Aluminum can be recycled and reused indefinitely without losing any of its beneficial characteristics. Our aluminum stairs, landings, and other access products meet the guidelines of the U.S. Green Building Council and are appropriate for LEED credits.
Thanks to aluminum, REDD Team’s access products are long-lasting and a cost-effective investment. They are indispensable in the construction, aerospace, automotive, and other industries. They’re also in demand in the growing shale-oil and gas production industry in areas where modular man camps are used to accommodate the needs of remote drilling crews.
REDD Team aluminum landings, ramps, and stairs can provide the solution you need and are designed to meet a variety of building codes, such as IBC, BOCA, SREF, ADA, and others. Get in touch with us at (800) 648-3696 to find out more about our premium American-made access solutions.