REDD Team proudly manufactures OSHA-compliant stairs, IBC- and ADA-compliant aluminum stairs, and other exterior metal stairs that comply with a wide variety of codes.
Aluminum is an outstanding metal for stairs and other access products. Compared to wood, steel or masonry, it is more durable, versatile, easier to maintain and easier to install. It is the ideal material for providing safe access to all types of industrial and commercial buildings, schools, park facilities, marine facilities and modular buildings.
REDD Team’s high quality aluminum access systems are built from 6000 series aluminum alloy with 6061-T6 for structural strength. The excellent properties of 6061 alloy make it especially popular when appearance and moderate strength are needed.
Other benefits of using aluminum instead of steel, wood or masonry for exterior stair systems include:
- As strong as mild steel but only 30% to 50% as heavy (important for ease of installation and portability)
- Good thermal conductivity; performs well in cold weather but conducts heat well and remains cool to the touch (important for user safety)
- Will never split, rot, or warp due to environmental influences like rain, snow and UV rays (unlike wood)
- Will not settle, crack, chip or disintegrate (unlike brick and masonry)
- Requires no scraping, sanding, painting or staining (maintenance-free)
- Can be extruded in one-piece sections and does not require for mechanical joining, making frame components stronger and less likely to loosen over time (important for safety)
- Natural protective oxide coating makes aluminum able to withstand highly-corrosive settings such as marine environments (unlike steel)
- Natural metallic surface requires no additional finishing (unlike wood or steel), but can be anodized, painted or powder-coated
- Infinitely recyclable without losing any of its superior characteristics
REDD Team is a leading American brand of high quality, code-compliant systems, including aluminum stairs (OSHA and general code), ADA wheelchair ramps, aluminum pedestrian bridges, aluminum walkways, aluminum gangways, universal stair systems, aluminum stair towers and more.
OSHA sets general standards and safety regulations for workplace stairs, as well as special standards for industrial, marine and other specialty stairs. REDD Team’s Dura-Grip OSHA Stairs and Flex-Step OSHA Stairs are specifically engineered for construction trailers and field offices. Refer to the complete OSHA standards for a full description of the regulations.
The ADA imposes requirements for stairs, walkways and ramps to provide disabled and handicapped people access to both public and private buildings. There are also handrail requirements specifically related to portable buildings whose principal users are children, such as classrooms. REDD Team’s Dura-Grip General Code Stair is designed for access that requires IBC and ADA Compliance.
The REDD Team Universal Stair is constructed to meet a wide range of codes, including IBC, BOCA and SREF, based on their requirements for acceptable width, headroom, riser height, tread depth, landings and handrails.. This stair also offers complete ADA compliance when coupled with its counterpart, the Universal Wheelchair Ramp System.
Aluminum is heavily used on jobsites for safety and value. As you research high-quality exterior metal stairs that can be installed and forgotten until you need to move them to another location, consider the variety of products available from REDD Team. Call us toll-free at (800) 648-3696 to find out more about our extensive line of aluminum access solutions.