REDD Team by Sapa is a leading national manufacturer of premium quality aluminum access products. We have commercial grade aluminum walk ramps for sale in a variety of standard and custom sizes for almost any application.
Walk ramps and moving ramps are typically used to load people and two-wheeled handcarts into trailers or trucks. They are excellent for reducing injuries and labor costs on the loading dock and are useful in many different industries. They also provide safe temporary working access to most sloped surfaces, such as between building levels, hilly terrain, gravel pits, earth retaining walls, road/rail embankments, and other hard-to-reach areas.
Because aluminum can withstand the harsh conditions of just about any remote site, our ramps and other access products are ideally suited for modular man camps located in the Permian Basin, Midland Basin and other oil and shale extraction areas. They are also self-draining, slip-resistant and corrosion resistant, making them indispensable for even the most demanding marine environments.
The aluminum construction of our ramps makes them a better alternative to wood or steel for these reasons:
1. Strong, yet lightweight– Aluminum is lighter than iron, steel and wood, and some aluminum alloys are stronger than some steel alloys. It’s also more durable than wood, and won’t split, rot, warp or splinter. REDD Team access products are typically constructed from 6061-T6 aluminum alloy for structural strength.
2. No finishing required– The natural metallic surface of aluminum is very attractive and doesn’t need further finishing, but can be anodized, painted or powder-coated if desired. Steel and wood, which do require some type of sealant or paint, can be more expensive than aluminum for this reason.
3. Maintenance-free – Wood and composite materials react to changing weather conditions by absorbing water, cracking, rotting, warping or breaking. While wood and other metals require regular scraping, sanding, painting and sealing, aluminum maintains its color and appearance for a lifetime. It’s extremely easy to keep clean.
4. Recyclable – Aluminum can be infinitely recycled into new raw material without losing any of its superior characteristics.
5. Reduced joining and fastening– Complex shapes can be obtained in one-piece extruded sections, reducing the need for a lot of welding, soldering, adhesive bonding and other mechanical joining methods. This makes aluminum frames stronger and less likely to loosen over time.
6. Resists rust and corrosion– Aluminum naturally generates its own protective oxide coating. It can withstand highly-corrosive environments, such as marine settings and locations with poor weather.
7. Excellent thermal conductivity– At low temperatures, aluminum alloys get stronger without losing quality, making them excellent for cold weather applications. Aluminum also conducts heat well and stays cool to the touch.
REDD Team offers a variety of safety access products, including aluminum stairways, crossover stairs, aluminum walkway systems, aluminum pedestrian bridges, aluminum viewing platforms, and aluminum wheelchair ramps that meet one or more of the following code requirements:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- International Building Code (IBC)
- Building Officials Code Administrators International (BOCA)
- State Requirements for Educational Facilities (SREF)
- Uniform Building Code (UBC)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
We manufacture our products from raw material that contains approximately 25% post-consumer recycled aluminum. We recycle 100% of all of the aluminum scrap we generate onsite. Our facilities also meet the guidelines of the U.S. Green Building Council and qualify for LEED credits.
Contact us at (800) 648-3696 to find out more about the aluminum walk ramps we have for sale and our other quality access solutions. We can help you make aluminum work for your business.