An aluminum walk ramp is typically used to load people and two-wheeled handcarts into trailers or trucks. They are also essential for people with restricted mobility because they provide safe access to elevated and hard-to-reach areas. And they help reduce injuries and labor costs on jobsites in many different applications.
REDD Team by Sapa manufactures some of the finest American-made industrial stairways, platforms, ramps and walkways on the market today. Our access products are highly valued for the construction, modular building, and military industries, as well as aerospace and many other industries.
Aluminum ramps are also suitable for modular man camps in remote locations, such as the Permian Basin, Midland Basin and other oil and shale extraction areas. They provide safe temporary working access to sloping surfaces, such as between building levels, hilly terrain, gravel pits, earth retaining walls, road/rail embankments, and other hard-to-reach areas.
Aluminum access products are an excellent solution for a variety of reasons:
- Safety – Made from non-rusting aluminum with slip-resistant surfaces, ramp systems provide excellent footing and traction to ensure wheelchair safety and pedestrian traffic. Another safety feature is aluminum’s heat conduction property. It will always stay cool to the touch, even in high temperatures.
- Easy to maintain – Aluminum will not split, rot, or warp like wood ramps. Aluminum needs no scraping, sanding, painting, sealing or refinishing to keep it looking good. It is a naturally attractive and durable metal. Another of aluminum’s greatest characteristics is that it is naturally corrosion resistant without the need for additional treatment. It doesn’t rust and fares better than steel when exposed to the elements.
- Light weight and strong – Aluminum is only 30% of the weight of steel but has an extremely high tensile strength. That is why it’s used in aerospace applications where light weight and strength are essential. The light weight of our aluminum access products means that they can be easily moved from one location to another.
- Economical – Aluminum access systems are long-lasting and can be taken apart, moved, and reassembled in other locations as your needs change. This and the fact that they are virtually maintenance free, makes them a practical, economical solution.
- “Green” –Instead of sending your ramps, stairs and platforms to the landfill when you no longer need them, aluminum can be recycled and reused over and over and maintains its superior characteristics without any degradation.
At REDD Team, our expertise includes 6000 series aluminum alloy and 6061-T6 for primary structural components. We are proud to manufacture from raw material containing approximately 25% post-consumer recycled aluminum. We recycle 100% of all of the aluminum scrap we generate onsite, and the products themselves can be completely recycled into new raw material.
Our aluminum ramps and other access products meet the guidelines of the U.S. Green Building Council and are appropriate for credits under “The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design” program. Applicable LEED credits may include:
1. LEED Credit 2.1 – Construction Waste Management, Divert 50% from Disposal
2. LEED Credit 2.2 – Construction Waste Management, Divert 75% from Disposal
3. LEED Credit 4.1 – Recycled Content 10%
4. LEED Credit 4.2 – Recycled Content 20%
REDD Team is the original aluminum access solutions company. No matter how you intend to use your aluminum walk ramp and which building code you need to meet, we can help. Contact us toll-free at (800) 648-3696 to find out more about our extensive selection of portable aluminum stairs, walkways, ADA wheelchair ramps and aluminum pedestrian bridges.