Sometimes referred to as scaffold planks, stage-boards or plank boards, REDD Team’s aluminum walk boards are designed to help your team work faster and smarter with the safest, most reliable aluminum access products.
REDD Team by Sapa is a leading national manufacturer of high quality aluminum access products, primarily for the construction, modular building, and shale-oil and gas production industries. Whatever type of solution you need, we are confident that our team will meet your most rigorous requirements.
When trying to do precision work while suspended several feet above ground, no one wants to be distracted by safety concerns. Scaffold products keep workers safe as they move from one raised area of a construction site to another. Our aluminum access products will give your employees peace of mind.
Walk boards and work platforms help keep the cost of scaffolding down. They can be used in lieu of stairways and make it easier for workers to gain access to crossovers, roofs, mezzanines and other elevated, hard-to-reach areas. Not only do they provide OSHA compliant clearance for walking path obstructions, but they give workers better footing when working on inclines. Walk boards make it easy to quickly create walking spaces just where you need them.
Superior to Wood
Aluminum walking boards are superior to wood planks because they offer a wider platform at a lower weight, and are easier to move around. Our walk boards and scaffold planks are:
- Manufactured from high-quality 6061-T6 tempered structural aluminum
- Rust and corrosion resistant
- Non-flammable and non-combustible
- Not susceptible to rotting and splintering (like wood)
- Lightweight and extremely portable
- Easy to set up, adjust and take down
- Raised/abraded surfaces and tread patterns promote better water drainage and provide an excellent non-slip surface
- Resistant to twisting and buckling
- Available in standard and custom sizes
- Usable in supported or suspended scaffolding systems
- Usable on narrow span and wide span aluminum scaffolding
- In compliance with all safety codes
- American made
Aluminum access products are indispensable in the construction, aerospace, automotive, and many other industries. They are also in demand in the growing shale-oil and gas production industry in the Permian Basin, Midland Basin, Haynesville Shale, Marcellus Shale, and other areas with remote work crews involved in drilling operations.
Safety and Fall Protection Systems
Scaffolding provides a large, stable work platform where workers can stack materials and set up their tools. However, it is crucial to have adequate safety measures in place to prevent falls from height, including:
1. Ensure that the scaffold, planks, walk boards and other components are erected in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Never use damaged or incompatible components.
3. Always erect access systems on a solid, unobstructed base.
4. Do not exceed the Safe Working Load of the products.
5. Do not use boxes, steps or ladders on top of work platforms to gain extra height.
6. Never move scaffolds or walk boards with people or materials on them.
7. Protect aluminum scaffolds, planks and other components from corrosive substances, such as potash or hydrochloric acid, which are highly corrosive to aluminum and may affect the strength of the equipment.
8. Avoid placing scaffolds and walking boards where electrical transformers or power lines are present.
REDD Team offers aluminum walk boards in a wide variety of sizes to fit your scaffolding and access needs. They are cost-effective, configured to meet your building code regulations, and offer simple and painless installation. Get in touch with us at (800) 648-3696 to find out more about our aluminum access solutions.