Companies that need to set up shop quickly in temporary or remote areas, frequently install modular structures for flexibility and portability. Office trailers and other modular buildings are indispensable in construction, military, oilfield and mining, marine and educational settings. But without aluminum steps and other access products, you can’t ensure safe and secure entry/exit for workers and pedestrians.
REDD Team by Sapa introduced aluminum access solutions. For more than 25 years, we have manufactured temporary and permanent solutions for industrial, commercial, military and municipal enterprises, and school districts across the nation. Our products are portable from job site to job site, flexible in design, easy to install, and designed to meet all necessary accessibility laws and building codes.
If you have site-specific requirements that demand the highest quality, our exceptional selection of aluminum walkways, stairs (OSHA and general code), universal stair systems, aluminum ADA ramps, platforms and pedestrian bridges will meet your precise architectural specifications.
Our safe, practical access products include:
- OSHA-compliant aluminum stairs
- General Code aluminum stairs
- Universal aluminum stairs
- Multi directional aluminum crossover stairs
- Alternating tread stairs
- Spiral and circular stairs
- Crossover platforms
- Universal wheelchair ramps
- Aluminum pedestrian bridges
- Aluminum work platforms and porches
- Aluminum viewing platforms
Why Choose Aluminum?
Aluminum 6061-T6 alloy conducts and dissipates heat well. And, since it can be extruded, it can be formed into almost any imaginable shape. These qualities make it ideal for the fabrication of stairs, walkways, bridges and many other similar structures. Our metal stair systems have excellent structural strength and toughness, good finishing characteristics and respond well to anodizing.
Aluminum is also:
- Strong – It has a high strength-to-weight ratio. When mixed with other elements to form alloys, it is as strong as steel but only 1/3 to 1/2 as heavy. While steel may be tough and resilient, as a rule it cannot be pushed to the same extreme dimensional limits as aluminum.
- Rust Resistant – Unlike steel or wood, the metal’s natural aluminum oxide coating protects it from the harmful effects of water, salt, air, and temperature variations. It doesn’t rust or corrode, so aluminum stairs offer a safe access solution in marine environments and areas susceptible to stormy weather.
- Malleable – Complex shapes can be obtained in one-piece extruded sections, eliminating the need for mechanical joining. The stair frame components are stronger and less likely to loosen over time. Our access products have minimal parts and are fabricated with slip-in rails and legs for easy installation and adjustability.
- Low Maintenance – Unlike wood, it will never split, rot, or warp from rain, snow or UV rays. Aluminum stairs and platforms do not need to be refinished, and require no scraping, sanding, painting or staining to maintain them. This makes them a cost-effective investment.
- Recyclable – Aluminum can be recycled repeatedly, quickly, and cost-effectively without losing any of its superior characteristics. We recycle 100% of the aluminum scrap we generate onsite, and the products themselves can be completely recycled into new raw material. Our aluminum access products also meet the guidelines of the U.S. Green Building Council and are appropriate for LEED credits.
Whether you need custom access stairs, elevated platforms with safety rails, durable multi-level access, or custom aluminum steps built-to-spec for office trailers or other modular or site-built structures, REDD Team offers standard and full custom designs. Get in touch with us at (800) 648-3696 for a cost-effective solution.